Thursday, April 3, 2008

The making of ‘Perfect’

It started when I was resigning from my last job effective 20.3.2008 and waiting to start my new job in 1.4.2008. So, what am I supposed to do with the 10 days’ holiday? Initially I thought of going back to Penang and take a break. Then I bumped into a short ad on Internet, employing a locum for a clinic in Labis because the doctor was away due to some emergency. I called and was employed. Labis, a place that I would otherwise never set my foot on.

I took a bus to Segamat, since my friend SY volunteered to drive me to Labis from his hometown. There were only 5 passengers on the bus. And when the bus reached Tangkak, 4 got off and I was the only one left. I was reading the ‘very short stories’ book and thought that was a good setting to develop some story. The bus driver was a middle-aged Malay man who smoked. I remembered somebody said that all good stories are either about love or death. Writing a love story about my character and the bus driver?

No way! Over my death body! But wait! I had a better idea, over HIS death body! And the rest is in the story.

No comments: